Learn about how we're delivering learning and teaching safely.
Advice and guidance for students
We’re looking forward to welcoming you onto campus in September as we return to a full campus experience. This means you can attend lectures on campus, meet friends to study and socialise, talk with tutors face-to-face and take part in a range of activities.
The full campus experience will include:
- face-to-face lectures
- indoor and outdoor sports
- use of on-campus study areas to meet friends and tutors in person
- use of the library and other facilities
- an expanded range of activities
These pages provide guidance on teaching and learning arrangements and assessments, the safety measures in place across campus and what you can do to help keep yourself and our community safe, and they also detail how to get help if you need it and the arrangements we’ve put in place to support you.
Find out how we're supporting your wellbeing.
What to do if you think you might have symptoms.
Details on testing for students attending campus
Information on testing, vaccines and lockdown.
If you can’t attend campus, we’ve put in place some support arrangements to help you.
We’ve been working hard to make our campus as safe as possible for you.
Enabling our postgraduate researchers to undertake sustainable, meaningful research.
The University provides regular updates for students on the latest coronavirus information and guidance. The main communications are archived here for reference and for staff to adapt them for their own communications - expand to view.
- 5 March 2021 - Fair and reliable assessment
- 13 January 2021 - Confirmation of face-to-face programme provision
- 8 January 2021 - New lockdown restrictions, international students
- 7 January 2021 - University response to the new national lockdown restrictions
- 5 January 2021 - New national lockdown announcement
- 20 December 2021 - A letter from the Minister of State for Universities - Tier 4 restrictions on travel
- 10 December 2020 - Returning to campus after the winter break (Faculty of Engineering & Informatics)
- 10 December 2020 - Returning to campus after the winter break (Faculty of Management, Law & Social Sciences)
- 10 December 2020 - Returning to campus after the winter break (Faculty of Life Sciences)
- 10 December 2020 - Returning to campus after the winter break (Faculty of Health Studies)
- 24 November 2020 - Have you completed the end of term survey yet?
- 19 November 2020 - Please complete our survey to confirm your end of term plans
- 16 November 2020 - End of term arrangements - temporary move to online teaching
- 3 November 2020 - National lockdown: update on the University's position (International students)
- 3 November 2020 - National lockdown: update on the University's position
- 30 October 2020 - New Tier 3 restrictions in West Yorkshire
- 8 October 2020 - Test and Trace reminder
- 2 October 2020 - What to do if you have COVD-19 symptoms
- 23 September 2020 - Test and Trace update
- 17 September 2020 - What to expect in the 2020/21 academic year
- 31 July 2020 - Local restrictions in the Bradford region
- 15 July 2020 - Update on plans for the new academic year
- 2 July 2020 - Update on extenuating circumstances and supplementary assessment
- 2 June 2020 - Re-opening campus update (PGR students)
- 2 June 2020 - Looking ahead to the next academic year
- 18 May 2020 - Student Safety Net
- 1 May 2020 - Academic Performance Safety Net Policy update
- 8 April 2020 - Student assessment – Academic Performance Safety Net policy (L5/6/7)
- 6 April 2020 - For international students domiciled in the UK
- 6 April 2020 - For international students domiciled outside the UK
- 3 April 2020 - Alternative assessments
- 27 March 2020
- 24 March 2020
- 23 March 2020
- 20 March 2020
- 19 March 2020
- 18 March 2020
- 17 March 2020
- 16 March 2020
- 16 March 2020 - Returning home advice (Home students)
- 16 March 2020 - Returning home advice (International students)
- 15 March 2020
- 13 March 2020